pbwing

WWYD (What would you do??)

I wouldn't have pulled that reserve so high with all that working time........:P Been using the hills packers again have we....LOL, Got to love that virgin white color.

(for the record I'm kidding)

Shame I have to post a disclamer.

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

HA! My first time not packing myself!! Might need to revisit that thinking the next time!! Yeah, like my friend said "You're paying for the pack job, not for the opening".

Interestingly enough, it was my 2nd cutaway in 3 days!! First one was totally my fault...bad body position on a wing-suit jump...spun up in line twists on a Sabre2 135...

I think that was why I fought the line twists on the camera jump so much - no damn way I was going to cutaway twice because of line twists!!

nice one! I had a similar one a few year ago. You totally did the right thing. Were you trying to get rid of that tension knot by pumping your toggles, couldn't tell... If altitude permits, that was the only advice I got afterwards as it may clear the tension knot. I sure as hell did not... :)

HYPOXIC

I also would have packed for myself, but given the situation, that's about all you could have done.

That really sucked when you got out of the spinning line twists, and found that tension knot. I

What were you trying to do on that jump? How come the guy with the huge camera helmet and camera suit looked like he had no idea what he was doing?

Yeah, I was thinking that by releasing the brakes, it would possibly clear the tension knot. I really only gave it one pump. I was around 2000 ft at that point and glad I didn't spend much more time pumping to try and clear it. As it was, I was under reserve just below 1000ft!!