aaron111533

Pentax K10D, Good / Bad?

I have just purchased a Pentax K10D and will be mounting it to my head shortly. I am still shopping for lenses but Pentax makes several badass fixed lenses (limited edition series) that I think would work great for FF photography.

I haven't tried it yet but I believe that a Canon mini plug bite-switch will work on the K10D.

I compared Canon, Nikon, and Pentax. To get a weather sealed body you have to spend $4000+ with Canon (Mark Body's only) $1800 with Nikon (D200 or D300) and $800 with Pentax (K10D). The final decision was based on Value, Size, & Weight.

Just my $.02
WSI-6 / PFI-55
The Brothers Gray Wingsuit Academy
http://www.myspace.com/cgwingsuitpilot
http://www.myspace.com/thebrothersgray

Aaron, I just spoke with Pentax, concerning the SR function and the free floating sensor in freefall and was told that even though it was not tested in such condition (understandable) it was tested in other conditions that put it through some extreme shake conditions and that the sensor held firm. I was told that in no way will rapid pressure changes move the sensor as it is held firmly in place magnetically. He also said that there is no reason why I shouldn't use the SR function in freefall as the in body SR is far different than in lens SR.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

I was told that in no way will rapid pressure changes move the sensor as it is held firmly in place magnetically. He also said that there is no reason why I shouldn't use the SR function in freefall as the in body SR is far different than in lens SR.

The only way to know how it will react is to jump it.... You started in this thread on the 25th and noted on the 26th you were going to jump it soon.. I am curious about the results if you had a chance to do so yet? If not when were you planning on jumping it? Post some images when you get around to testing it.

Thanks
Scott
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Hi Scott, I hope to get a chance soon. As of right now, my cash is tied up in repairing my garment printing equipment. Also, I am selling my house as I just put it on the market today so to move back to St.Louis. Skydiving at this point has taken a backseat. Too many other things have popped up and need far more attention to. Believe me, I would love nothing more than to jump this camera but, business first.
Neil Young

Got a chance to jump the K10D this weekend.
Clear deep blue sky at 11:43.
Vivitar 28mm m/f'd lens, f8 @ 1/500, 400iso
S/R was turned off.
The attachments are as they came off of the card with no enhancements being done. The shots were done in .jpg mode. Next time I plan to shoot in raw format. All in all, I think they look really good. The camera itself performed great and very comfortable, weight wise.
Neil Young

Try auto focus ,and iso 100 ,slower shutter speed of like 200 or 250 you can even go down to 160 on a sunny day like that if you want . But try an aperture of around f13 or f11

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................