Lexifir

Skydiving Video

This is the 4th Skydiving Video I have made... It's incomplete and this is only section one of four (so far)... It's a link to YouTube.com... if the site admin or a moderator find this post and know of a better location for it .... please email me so I can post the next links there instead of here....

Also... if you like the clip (4:44 long) on YouTube please rate it.. cheers

Any comments and/or suggestions welcome on it too... will be nice to get some feedback from you guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzNlloz72SQ

Cheers in advance

great video but it drive me nuts when people use the same clip more than once...especially in a 4:44 video.
specifically the guy trying to whip you when youre landing. but it is a good video clip.
My photos

My Videos

I didnt use the same clip twice.

Those are two totally different videos from two different years.:P

The first one I goofed with him after I caught the video.

The second, he actuallly "posed" for the video.:D

My photos

My Videos

I liked The video lex....it entertained me and kept my attention which is preety good cause I wasn't really in the mood to watch anymore videos. is it posted on skydivingmovies.com?....otherwise it doesn't count;)

And ya...don't ever repeat clips again...big editors no no. You probably had a good reason in your mind but it doesn't work. I suppose it's ok if it's not obvious...at all. Perhaps it was just a test to make sure we watched it.

Best Regards,

Corey

It's posted on the skydivingmovies.com

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=6046

thats the link to it....
I took into account the re-use of clips, and have stripped out a couple of the repetitive parts and replaced them... will upload the completed (revamped) bit after the nationals...

Cheers for the feedback guys!! VERY much appreciated!

And ya...don't ever repeat clips again...big editors no no. You probably had a good reason in your mind but it doesn't work. I suppose it's ok if it's not obvious...at all. Perhaps it was just a test to make sure we watched it.

Best Regards,

Corey

There is nothing wrong with repeating clips if it serves a theme or creates a point of reference for continuity, or if artistic revisions of the clip are used. It's a common technique. However, wontonly using the same clip to fill up space or because it's "cool" isn't a practical or logical use of the same content.
As an example, both the "Civil War" and "The Way West" repeat a few sections in multiple moments. We won 9 Emmys for one, and 4 Emmys for the other.
There are no "rules" in creative editing. But there are techniques that feel and flow better. Some of them would go against the grain of time-honored practices.
Nice vid overall, but I still find myself struggling (with most skydiving videos) to find a theme, story, concept, or flow that goes beyond "Hey, this shot is cool, toss it in..."

I was gonna call you...but I decided to walk away from the computer. I have'nt even turned it (my desltop) on.

I have to upgrade it(desktop) I think my mobo died.
but I just bought a sweet fkn camera lens so the comp will have to wait.
My photos

My Videos

And ya...don't ever repeat clips again...big editors no no.

Obviously, I agree. But I never really noticed just how often it's done until I started editing.
As DSE said, if it was done for a GOOD reason I don't count it.
My photos

My Videos

There is nothing wrong with repeating clips if it serves a theme or creates a point of reference for continuity, or if artistic revisions of the clip are used. It's a common technique. However, wontonly using the same clip to fill up space or because it's "cool" isn't a practical or logical use of the same content.....There are no "rules" in creative editing. But there are techniques that feel and flow better. Some of them would go against the grain of time-honored practices.
Nice vid overall, but I still find myself struggling (with most skydiving videos) to find a theme, story, concept, or flow that goes beyond "Hey, this shot is cool, toss it in..."

Well said...I agree completely

I suppose I wasn't being as careful with my words as I would be in the speakers corner.

Best Regards Truly,

Corey