bigway

Computer VLC player to TV

OKay, so if I watch downloaded movies etc on my computer with VLC player........

Is there anyway to watch this on my television in the next room?

I have read somewhere that i can connect my tv-out plug on my computer to the television.... but will this work for the vlc player or just my winfast dtv player?.. Or will it show whatever is on my monitor at the time including VLC, windows media player etc?

Also is there any sort of wireless broadcaster/receiver sort of box i could buy?

Hope this makes sense,
Thanks.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

most newer graphics cards have a (physical) TV out option (usually either a normal S-video connector, or a custom cable supplied with the video card that works like an s-video cable) - this will allow you to treat the TV as a seperate display under windows. (right click desktop, properties, and you'll have more than one "screen" there to enable/disable, tweak etc) - you can then either mirror your desktop, or use the second screen as an extension to your current desktop.

The setup you're talking about could either be used in "mirrored" mode (mimicing the desktop you're looking at when looking at the PC) or in "extended mode" - you simply move VLC off the side of the PC screen until it appears on the TV screen. The downside to the latter is that if it's in another room, you might not be able to control it so good as you can't see whats going on.

I hope that helps a little :)