Miami

Internally mounted ringsights

Mounting a ringsight on my Azimuth and would like to mount it from the inside to expose as little of the post as possible.

Does anyone who has done this have pictures of how it is setup/mounted? I would rather not re-invent the wheel if someone already has a good idea of how to do it.

Thanks in advance!
Miami

Terry Schumacher makes one that I haven't seen listed for sale, but he does sell it. Get in touch with him... I am attaching one pic he sent me.

I am also attaching a pic of Brett Thomas' CCM (Wes Rich style). I am making one myself but probably will not do the internal sight (too much work based on how I made my shell). Brett has the internal sight (and a kickass helmet overall). He told me you need a perfectly vertical front wall for this to work.

Good luck.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

So are those a couple of U clamps on the inside holding the post in place? That's kind of what I was imagining for this one but not sure what other options are available. U clamps on the inside definitely seem like the easiest way to go...
Miami

I cannot seem to access my original email from Terry, but as far as I remember there is a custom machine bracket behind the front wall. The four button head screws hold that in place, and the 3 set screws hold the ringsight rod in place. May be possible with off the shelf "U-clamps" you refer to...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Finding the right kind of hardware is a lot harder than I thought! Ran all over town today but could not find anything that will work anywhere...so I've emailed Terry and hopefully he will have it!

Having a pc wrap around a ringsight really makes me feel like it's worth the extra work to get a nice low profile sight though...
Miami

With what I had in mind the left/right adjustment would be done by loosening the bolts and twisting the sight. The up/down would be adjusted by adding washers between the arm of the sight and the helmet to change it's angle from the helmet. Kind of a pain but really once it is correctly sighted and bolted in it shouldn't and need to be adjusted...

Doing good...still jumping as much as I can. Not as much as I was in colorado, but still got 400 in last year. Sounds like things got interesting at mile-hi after I left...
Miami

Yep, bout a year and a half ago...no fun. Here is the post I made about it right after it happened. Managed to clear it but for the two or three seconds it was around my sight it was pretty interesting. I should dig up the video and post it to skydivingmovies...
Miami

Articulating sights, yes. Mounting posts, no. I actually grabbed the bridle that was wrapped around the post and pulled as hard as I could to try and break the sight free, but it stayed on tight.:S Thinking back I believe it was more like 7 or 8 seconds that it was entangled...I had happened to pull high on that jump and it took till 3k to get it off. Was pretty close to having to make it an even more of an interesting situation...
Miami