kMaN175

Left or Right Eye for your Ring Sight

Paul, Phree, or one of the other significantly more experienced guys can provide better answers than I can, but from what I've been told/shown;
Sight goes over dominant eye,
or
if you're concerned about hanging up lines, put it on the side opposite of your dumpside. So if you're like most, you dump on the right, which would put the ringsite on your left.
Mine is cut to very low profile, so I have it on the right, simply because I'm right eye dominant. And my hackey is on the right.

I have mine over my right eye although I have mixed eye dominance so I imagine it would work just as well over my left.

I chose my right because I have my visual alti on my left hand and like to be able to look at that without the ringsights interference.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Do you put your ring sight over your left or right eye and why?:)

Over my left because it's the same side as the camera. Having the site closer to the lens seemed to make sense from an aiming standpoint and if you tilt your head at all during deployment to get your camera out of the way then you're not bringing the site towards the lines on the other side. Of course I'm a brand newbie at this stuff so take that into consideration before listening to my advice;)