bigway

canon standard 20d 18-55mm

I knw from what i have read that this is not the greatest lens but i am curious to what it can be like in freefall. I am mounting the 20d and will later buy a nice lens but for now can anyone reccommend the setting i should use. If it means anything i have a .6 wide angle on my pc105.

I have alot to learn about shooting stills.

Thanks.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I have jumped the kit lens.......auto focus and in sports mode. I thought that it did an outstanding job. I normally put my Sigma 20mm on the front but depending on the helmet I will still jump the kit lens to cut the weight down, just don't forget to tape down the zoom ring.

I use that lens on my Rebel XT and get great images. Check out my site for examples. People told me that I needed to trash that lens because it would not take decent pictures, but I have had pictures from that lens published more than once.

The nice things about it are that it's cheap (the reason I'm still jumping it) and it's light (the one thing I'll miss about it when I do buy a "real" lens).

I didn't have much luck with the autofocus, so I tape down both the zoom and focus rings. It is a bitch to get the focus just right, but it works best for me that way.

There is a review of the lens at www.photozone.de which states that while it is not the best overall zoom lens, if you shoot at the widest setting (18mm), with an aperture around f/8 to f/11 (my goal anyway), that it gets very decent results in that specific range.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com