hottamaly

Lack of LANC port...what to do

I'm curious about what cameras the camera fliers will choose (brand) since Sony seems to be discontuing the PC style cameras with LANC ports? Is there something with them that you don't need it any more?

Thoughts......

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

Probally the same thing I've had to do for the last 400 jumps once I broke my port. Push and Pray. :D I can actually feel the heads starting to spin when I press record so if I don't I shut it off, back on then hit record again.

The mirror trick, asking a buddy and rigging up a photocell sensor are all options also.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

As long as the camera has a red "record" indicator
light somewhere on the front of it. do what we did in the days before the cam eye II...carry a small pocket mirror to check your record status prior to exit...:|
I never use the lanc port/ cam eye combo to turn the camera on and off. I use the standby switch/record button... Of course that could be a problem with some D boxes...
but a mirror works/worked fine...:)