Jody

Mounting Ringsite

I am putting together my new BoneHead Narrow camera helmet. Is there anything specific that I should do when mounting the ring site? I have the Brent site, and the Schumacher articulating arm.

Where on the helmet?
Where should the ring site actually sit in it's final position?
Is the angle of the site critical?

Any advise is appreciated.

Jody

Hey Jody,

Put the sight on whichever side of your helmet you want. Right is most common, although if you're left eye dominant, you might want to take that into consideration.

In it's final position, the sight should sit as close to you eye as possible without getting in the way of your goggles. You will find on the flat top that the sight will sit quite high in order for it to match up with your camera allignment. You need to mount the camera first (or at least a temp mount) so you will know approx where the sight needs to be.

The angle that the sight comes in on isn't important, only that the sight ring is flat to your face.

The biggest thing is to keep everything as close to the helmet as possible to reduce snagability. Cut off any excess you can.

And as I mentioned to you before, I would seriously consider mounting that gigantic still camera on the top rather than the front - you are just asking for neck trouble otherwise

Much easier for me to just swing by and help than explain all this stuff in a post...

Pete

I like the look of the internally mounted ringsite. Very clean, and very little to catch onto. What did you use to mount on the inside of the helmet. Was it a piece of hardware you purchased from say Paragear, or something you picked up at a local hardware store?

The picture doesn't show what is inside so I am just wondering.

Thanks

Jody