DanAlvarez

windows movie maker

i ma just getting into vidoe editing and i am using a program i have on my computer before i go and buy something better, and i was wondering if anyone has used Windows Movie Maker? i am trying to mute the audio from the song i chose and use the audio from my video clip for a few seconds and then back to the song and i can't figure out how to switch. to mute the video clip is easy, but the music has me stumped, any suggestions?

Dan Alvarez

If your a hot dude, feel free to drunk dial me for some gay phone sex. 616-836-5359

I used to ask all those questions when I first started editng my own stuff and to be honest I didnt get much feedback that made sense to someone starting out.

I, like you, started using WMM but quickly ditched it and now use sonic vegas.

I had no knowledge of editing but with vegas I quickly learned the basics and have now done a few very short videos and one 20min one of a trip to Z-Hills last year.

My intention here is to point out that you can get hold of some good editing software and learn to use it if you have a look on the web.

Check out skydivingmovies for some ideas on editing and if it helps any I have posted a link to a short vid i done recently using vegas.

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=guestpass&id=k4g4p

I have just sent you a pm explaining exactly (step by step) how to do what you you are asking on Movie Maker.

Movie Maker ( and even better Movie Maker2) are just fine for beginners and small projects.......dont listen to all the ..."you need this and you need that"

Here is one of my first productions using Movie Maker2 .....and although looking a little cheesy today (cringe) , 'twas good at the time...and demonstrates you can achieve alot with this free editing program...
http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=guestpass&id=h2gnb

;)