artbel

Which helmet would be best

Hi

I a have a videocamera for about 3 years now and start skydiving 1,5 years ago. My camera is a Canon MV750i. My question is this:
What helmet should fit best with this camera? or should I construct my own mount?

Greetz Q
You don't need a parachute to jump but YOU DO if want to do it again.

I tried a few jumps with my 750i and it didnt stand up to it so well........focus problems and exposure issues.
It didnt last very long in a skydive enviroment and the focus controls/recording head suffered as a result of the 'abuse'.
Recommendation:
1) Get another camera....Sony
2) Helmets.... An 'open' mount L bracket Side mount (take your pick) will fit it .....or top mount it on a flat top helmet (best solution based on the fact its a little long and a relatively heavy)

Not sure that many manufacturers will make a 'box' for this camera as a side mount

I just dont think this is a 'good' camera to take to the skies.......sell it and put the bucks towards a Sony PC /HD camera

I could be wrong...but this is my view based on my experiences

This post shows you a practical setup for a similar cam.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1105538;search_string=Canon;#1105538

thanks for your input. It will be taken into account.
The thread you added is certainly interesting.

I was thinking about changing cam's and maybe I' wil. I f I have the guts to tell my wife :P
You don't need a parachute to jump but YOU DO if want to do it again.