Ferry

2 HC90 Questions

Hi!

I'm doing research on several sony video camera types and a lot of them nowdays seem to have that floating lens problem. For example the new HC1, and the PC1000. I'm looking for a camera with a fixed lens and was wondering if anybody here can tell me about the HC90.
Other question is if the HC90 needs 30mm or 37mm wide angle?

Thanks!

Ferry

The PC1000 does not have any "floating lens" problems. Once in a while, if I dump in a track or have a firmer opening, the camera will momentarily defocus and then refocus quickly, that's it. The vast majority of the time, no problems. All the freefall and canopy video has been totally sharp from my unit. This is turning into an urban legend IMHO. I can post vids if you don't trust me. ;)

I've been jumping mine for a couple months now.

edit: grammar
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I have an HC90 and have made several posts about it, a couple of them including links to videos I've made using the camera. I am happy with it.

Here is a search that will lead you to my posts. Especially read the one in the "HD Camera" thread, and the one in the wingsuit forum.

IIRC, the lens threads are 30mm. That info is all over the web though (SONY.COM, for example).
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Once in a while, if I dump in a track or have a firmer opening, the camera will momentarily defocus and then refocus quickly, that's it.

That's exactly what I mean and don't want. And I believe that that's because of a flaoting lens. But my question is if anybody knows if the HC90 does this aswell..

Ferry