deegs123

Rebel XT or (?)

Am purchasing a new camera. All our video dudes fly the Rebel. Is there anything out there that is lighter a bit smaller(I am going to top mount this on my FF2) and a little less pricey that one could shoot tandem stills and still have a quality product to give to his or her customer? Any and all input is greatly appreciated. 65 degree's in Missouri this week-end. Many jumps!!! BUT Z-HILLS in 20 days and counting!
Blues,
Tim.
Corvette Dude

Since all your camera guys use rebel xt's ,don't you think that should give you a hint? hmmmmmm..
I shoot a rebel and forget it is even there it's so light.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I agree-Sony, ok I bought a Sony! Rebel. ok. I'll probably purchas a Rebal. My only question, and I'll be more specific, is the a good camera out there that cost's less. My personal ride is a new vette-go figure! But with my budget after the corvette purchase Im just feeling people out on if there is a suitable option at a lesser price.
Thx for the quick response but if you don't inquire and ask?
Blues,
Tim
Corvette Dude

In my opinion the rebel is the most value and performance for the money,and thats why everyone you see is jumping a rebel xt /350-d . As far as the corvette go's i guess you have to live within your means.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Thx for the direct response, hell it's only money right? The Rebel it is. Funny, a question isn't really a question if you already know the answer. I think John Prine used that in a song somewhere back a long time age. Im either really giving up my age or you may remember him to.
Thx again bro, and to Lawrence video I go.
One more question-what can you recommend for a lens to do tandem stills?
Tim.
Corvette Dude

You'll probably be hard-pressed to find a lighter digital camera than the RebelXT that can compete with its quality. It's actually lighter than a lot of 35mm bodies out there.

I have an FF2 with a pc105/diamond0.3x and a rebelXT/sigma15mm top mounted with a stroboframe, and the whole thing weighs about 5.5lbs.

Tim... don't buy the camera at Larwrence Photo... they'll rape you on the price probably. Anyhow, you should be able to get it pretty cheap from Best Buy, Circuit City or Wal-Mart. If you go mail order, you'll get it even cheaper but then you are taking the chance of getting burned. Do a search on this forum about it and you'll get a lot of good info.

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer

Hey Fletch, Ever do it in an elevator?
Thx for the heads up-guess thats what I need to buy since the rest of our video team is going with that camera. Will be in Z-Hills on the 28th-will we see you? If you hear of a good price on one give me a shout. What about a good used one. Been on e-bay but most are new and still in the package.See ya in Florida.
Deegs
Corvette Dude