garywainwright

Zenitar 16mm

The EXIF on your file says you were shooting at ISO400. If there's light enough there's no reason to use anything other tahan ISO100. 1/1250 and F8 is quite narrow, it should not overexpose. It's possible to get crisp pics out of that lens!

Blue Ones

Carlos

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com

yeah i was worried about the light in the plane then bumped the iso upto 400 - need not have worried!

Did some tandems at the weekend using ISO 200 - same problem. Interesting though that on some shots it only set a speed of 1/200 and the conditions seemed brighter.
I'm going to try using some exposure compensation at the weekend

Thanks for the response
http://www.garywainwright.co.uk

Instagram gary_wainwright_uk

REgardless of conditions, I think I have never closed mine to more than f8 - shooting in Av I'm always worried about the possibility of the camera choosing slower than 1/200. So once in a while (bright sunshine) I get overexposed shots but this because the fastest it can shoot is 1/4000.

I only go above ISO 100 if it's already sunset.

Good luck with the experiments!

Carlos Martins
Portugal www.cj.smugmug.com

For the most part, the highlights are not blown, except maybe a few in the sweatshirt (bummer) so you ought to be able to at least partially fix it in Photoshop. Remember, the teenager at the drug store used to do that for you with print film.

EDITED to add: And because you are in Av mode with evaluative metering, it might have metered off the black pants and tried to turn them gray. M mode might be your friend when your subject has basically no mid-tones to meter.

Also changed the top some, since I probably overstated my case the first time.

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com