Pendejo

Mounting my Rebel XT

My wife got me a Rebel XT for our anniversary last weekB|B|

When I went to mount it on my helmet the holes don't line up.... The helmet is a flat top narrow. What I have used in the past is a canon rebel 2000. It looks like the Rebel XT is about 1/2 inch "thicker" than the 2000 is. If I drill the hole to mount the XT it would be so close to the hole for the 2000 that it would be a slot. I still plan to use the 2000 for tandem stills but want to use the XT for RW stills.

Will it cause the 2000 to move if I make it into a slot (I use a standard thumb screw to hold it in place)? I have not altered the bracket in any way from the way it came from Bonehead (other than drilling the hole for the 2000).

Any suggestions?

Pendejo

He who swoops the ditch and does not get out buys the BEER!!

I thought about that... But I still want to use the 2000 for tandem stills so I need the other hole for that camera. Last night I tried to offset it but that changes the framing more than I am willing to accept.

Pendejo

Drill the ther hole, and make a slot. Then fabricate an insert that will fill the unsed potion of the slot when there is a screw in it. If you make it right, you should be able to install it one way for your 2000, and then flip and move the insert to the other end of the slot to mount the XT.

While your at it, make a few of the spacers, and hide the extras in a baggie under the liner. Losing a custom made spacer would suck during a busy day.

A slot should work fine...if it's tight enough to keep the camera from rotating left/right on the thumbscrew it should be tight enough to keep them from going forward or backward.

If you are using a stroboframe 300-qrc make sure you are using all 3 mounting screws and it will definitely be fine. If you need a stroboframe this guy is a good source. The picture is wrong...it is a regular 300-qrc, I've bought 2 from him, and from what I've seen of his previous auctions he has sold dozens.
Hope this helps...
Miami

1) Drill second hole and create slot

2) take washer, put blob of weld on one side close to hole.

3) file weld to be the size of half the slot.

4) insert filed weld blob/washer combo into slot - affix camera.

5) when you want to mount the other camera remove washer, rotate 180deg so filed weld is at other end of slot and affix camera.

6) if you want to get dead fancy you could countersink the washer.

5) when you want to mount the other camera remove washer, rotate 180deg so filed weld is at other end of slot and affix camera.

Damn thats awsome!!!! Thanks!! I'll give that a try.

Pendejo

MacGuyver lives! :P That's a good idea.

I thought about that... But I still want to use the 2000 for tandem stills so I need the other hole for that camera.

I think once you shoot the XT and see the quality of the images you will want to have every photo you shoot High quality.....even tandems.
I have shot well over 300 tandems with my XT. and sold almost 500 8X10 photos to my customers. the photos sell themselves.
just my thoughts,
Oke
P.S. your wife rocks!!
The ground always, remembers where you are!

Worked like a charm!!

Thanks again!

Pendejo

I think once you shoot the XT and see the quality of the images you will want to have every photo you shoot High quality.....even tandems.
I have shot well over 300 tandems with my XT. and sold almost 500 8X10 photos to my customers. the photos sell themselves.
just my thoughts,

I understand what you mean. I have seen them from others. I would be the only guy at the dz shooting that way and don't want to get into the whole thing about explaining (I run the concession so I would be the one taking the heat) why other students can't get them that way. Plus I don't have the printer to go with the camera yet.

Pendejo