shropshire

Archos AV700?

Hi peeps,
Does anyone have any experience of this portable video recorder?

I have a bullet cam (which I currently use with a Sony PC-100) but after seeing this beauty (which has an AV in port and a 7" screen) - I would like to see if I can use this instead (no more Sony).

Wodya think?

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

I have the AV 480 and took it to Afghanistan with me. I love mine, it totally blows iPods away with what it can do. If your thinking of using it as a recorder while in freefall I think your barking up the wrong tree. 1st,You need to use the docking station to record from a source,2nd you run into the HD issue above 10K feet. The play back is awesome though, I have a full length movie I recorded from my DVD to the Archos to watch while on the road. When I jack it into a full size tv the playback is DVD quality or at least close enough that its hard to tell. You need the power cord though as a 2 1/2 hr movie will just about tap the battery out. I like that I can plug in and download my CF cards directly to the Archos after a jump and then go back up with a clean card and my shots already archived. Tha AV 700 looks bad ass and if you go for it I would tell ya to go with the 100GB HD.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Many thanks - I'll try to get to see the 700 this weekend and see how good it is.
It'll be a shame about not being able to use it to record from my Bullet cam, when mobile tho'
Regards,

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome