StevePhelps

What do you use to play tapes in editing station?

We're trying to set up a permanent editing station at the DZ. Currently the vidiots use their own camcorders when they edit their tapes. We'd like to switch to a full time editor, so, while the vidiot is up on a load, the editor can make the tape from the previous jump. What do you suggest the editor use to play the tape? Buy another camcorder, or is there another solution?

We bought a couple of HC-40's to do the job. That way if any of our camera people are desperate for a camera, they could use one of those as well.
At some point I would like to get a mini-DV player to do the job. I believe the ones we looked at were pretty expensive though.

i'm a chief editor, and we're using an 'old' TRV 3CCD for editing (old but still the best pic).
the photographers just bring their tapes, each is labled with a number, and we write it down in a list with tan. inst. and photographers names etc.

we have 2 editing stations in the editing room, and on the other station i'm working with PC8 - again, that the dz bought for all those 'just in case' cases.
that way i can work on 2 movies parallel B|.

good luck with your new editing station!
if you need any suggestion just ask:)Ori.
http://www.orikuper.printroom.com