DYEVOUT

Non-slammin' Sabres ?

I would try to get a Sabre2. I have one now and it opens like a dream. Longer than the original Sabre but shorter than a Spectre. Don't be afraid of the original Sabre either. It wasn't the best selling canopy for nothing.

I agree. I have very little experience on other canopies. I've jumped a Raider, a Navigator, a Sabre, and have the most on a Sabre2. That one was my favorite. Only one bad opening and that was most likely due to a bad pack job. My sabre2 snivelled every time. As for pack job - I still flat pack but I use a roll pack method that Chuck taught me. It's neat and easy to put in the bag. It's even easy with a new ZP canopy.

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Sabre 210's. I read your post and it's balls on accurate with regard to my own experience with it as a "new jumper". I transitioned into a Sabre 210 and if I have an expereince packer pack it for me, I have had very nice consistent openings with it, about a 700 foot snivel with the ability to look up and watch the canopy unfold and the slider ride down the lines. When I got this canopy it had 25 jumps on it and was a crisp as can be, as a NEW jumper and packer.. some of my pack jobs have indeed spanked the living you know what out of me. I am SURE it's all due to my inexpereince in getting the damn thing in the bag in a semi orderly fashion, but let me tell you, if not done correctly this thing will slam the crap out of you, I have the black and blue inner thighs to prove it. Sometimes 5 bucks is worth a million!

SMA#18