Motab

Philips GoGear Wearable Cam - Worth anything for fun?

Hey guys and gals -

I'm starting to look into putting a camera on my helmet. Not looking to do anything professional, just get some video for amusement, and to show friends. Has anyone jumped one of these, or otherwise used one in non-jumping situations?

I know I'll likely get a PC109 and the appropriate headwear at some point, but I was just curious if this was any fun to play around with.

http://www.doyourthing.philips.com/digital_camera.cfm

Thanks!
Andy
I'm not not licking toads....

Yeah, I read that, and I'm still reading a lot. So far my reading has led me to understand that I'm not ready to be jumping anything nearly professional yet. I was just thinking this little thing might be something I could stick near a pocket, or somewhere else non-interfering on myself. If anyone has any video samples from it, I'd be curious to see them too.

So yeah, I know I'm not ready to be doing anything yet. I'm still in the budgetary planning phase of this project, which means realization won't come for several months. I appreciate this forum as a resource, and hope to learn a few things from it.

Thanks!
-Andy
I'm not not licking toads....

I'm not ready to be jumping anything nearly professional yet

The way I look at it is, you're ready to have a camera on your helmet or your not, and buying sub standard gear won't make you happy or happy with the results.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Yeah, I read that, and I'm still reading a lot. So far my reading has led me to understand that I'm not ready to be jumping anything nearly professional yet. I was just thinking this little thing might be something I could stick near a pocket, or somewhere else non-interfering on myself. If anyone has any video samples from it, I'd be curious to see them too.

Jumping something that is less expensive does not make it any safer.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.