Fast1

my new helmet...arrived!

top mounting... I prefer to have my camera on the side also if top mounting is surely a more secure way to fix it. This box then is maded to be fixed to the side..for the top mount you have to get the other type of box.

You can put a dbox wherever you want, you could mount it to your chin cup if you wanted... Just because the holes are predrilled in the side, don't let that hold you back from drilling more holes in the bottom and switching it to a topmount box. (I did that with mine) For sidemount, I prefer just an L-bracket (boxes are too bulky). For more security, on top with a d-box is better. I agree the box is mounted too high also. You may have to do some drilling or dremel work, but it's worth it to bring that box down where others have recommended. think outside the box. and btw, we all have extra holes in our helmets, it's called trial and error, and switching from one camera to another or adding a flash or something else... don't be afraid to drill holes in the pretty new helmet. You can always cover it with stickers or gaffers tape.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

top mounting... I prefer to have my camera on the side also if top mounting is surely a more secure way to fix it. This box then is maded to be fixed to the side..for the top mount you have to get the other type of box.

You can put a dbox wherever you want, you could mount it to your chin cup if you wanted... Just because the holes are predrilled in the side, don't let that hold you back from drilling more holes in the bottom and switching it to a topmount box. (I did that with mine) For sidemount, I prefer just an L-bracket (boxes are too bulky). For more security, on top with a d-box is better. I agree the box is mounted too high also. You may have to do some drilling or dremel work, but it's worth it to bring that box down where others have recommended. think outside the box. and btw, we all have extra holes in our helmets, it's called trial and error, and switching from one camera to another or adding a flash or something else... don't be afraid to drill holes in the pretty new helmet. You can always cover it with stickers or gaffers tape.

peace
lew

Perfectly said.....that sums it all upB|

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

Top mount it. That kind of box isn't condusive to being side mounted.

ltdiver

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1356977#1356977
Here's what it will look like top mounted.

As is mine.

http://www.lightdiver.com/2003/031221.htm/

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon