VisionAir

"Z Bracket"

Does anyone make a Z bracket to front mount a still on an Optik Illusion. I don't like nor want to side mount my video to top mount the still. I've seen the boxes to top mount both from Rimworld, but I'd rather have a plate between the top-mount d-box I already own, and the helmet, extending out-up-out

Huh?!? What cloud?!? Oh that!!! That's just Industrial Haze
Alex M.

Bonehead no longer makes onoe. Wish they would. Had a buddy of mine make one for me for my DaBomb. Since he has made Z Brackets for Optiks and other helmets. Just asked him about making one for someone else on here asking the same thing you are. He said $50. He based this on Boneheads old price of $75. It is made of aluminium light and durable. He does a great job. If you are interested PM me for more info. I can also send you a picture of an Optik with on of his Brackets.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

I had to do the same..My buddy fashioned me bracket out of aluminum and it it very sturdy. Looks very much like the picture posted on this thread. In my opinion, if Bonehead is going to sell products that are capable of top mounts, then they should also market a bracket that will be compatible. I had bought a bracket back when they sold them, only to find that the d box was too long for the bracket, so I returned it.
You have to be inventive in this sport, or have buddies who are. you never seem to be able to get exactly what you want all the time.
Que sera sera