Markj

Kenko .05 & Step up ring for PC109 (UK)

I am about to buy a Kenko .05 wide anlgle lens for a PC109 that I have but I can't seem to find a step up adapter to be able to fit the lens. The thread size of the camera is 25mm.

I am not 100% sure of the thread size on the Kenko .05 but I think its 37mm, It doesn't say on the site where I want to buy it from.

http://www.digitalfirst.co.uk/ProdSDetail.asp?ProdID=715&cat=Accessories

Does anybody know where I can get one of these step up adapters from? I went to the local camera shop and they say its an uncommon size thread because its so small.

M.J

I can't really help you with this, but why don't you directly buy a 25mm lens, not necessarily kenko...
and as what I have seen the .5 kenko has a narrower angle as a .6 sony...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

not necessarily very cheap, but the blue eye from www.waycool.com.au...
at least you have a good lens which is small in size and no need for rings & stuff...

edited for precision : I just checked their site and the blueeye doesn't come in 25mm but 27, 30, 37... but they have rings (25-30mm) which are 26 aud...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks for all the help. I just found out that they do make a steup up ring from 25mm to 37mm. The guys at the camera shop just didn't know what they were talking about.

Here it is here

http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct.cfm?PRODUCT=RAYRA3725&BRAND=COK,HAM,HAS,HOY,JES,RAY&CONTINUE=false&FEATS=&FIRSTPRICE=0&KEYWORD=&LEVEL=&MODELNUMBER=&NEWQUERY=True&NODE=437&ORD=ASC&ORDERBY=&QUANTITY=10&RECENT=0&REFINE=&SEARCH_FOR=&SEARCHNODE=0&SEARCHU

So I am going to get the .05 Kenko with the step up ring above.

Thanks again

M.J

For the benefit of those on here in the UK, Jessops sell one on there website http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct.cfm?PRODUCT=RAYRA3725&BRAND=COK,HAM,HAS,HOY,JES,RAY&CONTINUE=false&FEATS=&FIRSTPRICE=0&KEYWORD=&LEVEL=&MODELNUMBER=&NEWQUERY=True&NODE=437&ORD=ASC&ORDERBY=&QUANTITY=10&RECENT=0&REFINE=&SEARCH_FOR=&SEARCHNODE=0&SEARCHURL=dointellisearch.cfm&SECONDPRICE=999999&SHOWCASEID=&STARTROW=41&SUBS=&WORD_SEARCH=N&

It is plastic I have done a few jumps with one with a kenko .043 lens and it has not fallen off, but hey I jump a spectre but i think it should be ok strength wise

Jezz

"Now I know why the birds fly"
Hinton Skydivers

I need something fairly quickly and something fairly cheap. Kenko being the cheap one I was reccomended by a friend. Do you know of a .5 lenses with a 25mm thread? Preferably a cheapish one..

www.royal-lens.com

You can get the Stealth 0.3 and Diamond 0.5 lens from the website above with a 25mm thread (For a PC109).......The website says they are only available n 30 and 37mm....but Max, who runs it, has told me they are available in 25mm....just drop him an email with your order.
Delivery is in 3-5 days

They are not super cheap but if the recommendations are anything to go by...they are excellent value for money.
One piece lens as well ( I believe) so less susceptible to condensation getting inside the lens......and they are soooo low profile.
Just waiting for mine now ( for a PC109)

ooops edited to add: just read your 'last' posts date...I guess you have it sorted now