birdynamnam

Digisnap5000 q's

Well I do have some problems...

I have the remote switch Canon E3 (w. wire), its a stereo plug and it just works perfectly...

I hate the wire so naturally:

I the got the bite Conceptus switch it has a mono plug. This thing works initially, but the camera stops taking pics during freefall. I can reproduce this on ground ;-)

Finally I got the Conceptus tongue switch w. a stereo plug. It goes beserk when I plug it in and continues to take pics w/o me triggering it.

Tried auto, manual w. continusly setting and so but havent succeeded getting the switches to work decently yet...

Like I said, I use home made systems:
microplug (stereo) connected to only to wires
From there on to a normal blow microswitch and a tube. Simple and works great.
I anyway don't want autofocus in the sky so why bother fighting with the third stereo wire for the pre focus stuff?

Tomppa

I have one, and i cannot get the thing to fire with it.
I bought the camera used from a friend of mine, who has taken 100s of pics with that combo, and many of them ended up published. samples of his work with that camera can be seen here:
http://www.philroberson.com/skydivephotos2003.html

I dont know why it doesnt work for me, and I coudnt be bothered to figure it out, so I bought a D70....I should probably sell the coolpix 5000 and the digisnap, any takers....

jeff D-16906

Well the combo works somewhat and the Nikon cam itself takes superb pics B|

Here is one nice pic though - it is not centered but thats kind of cool here :P:
http://frihavnen.st/fdk-photo-gallery/2003/zellamzee/frits/orig/DSCN0087.JPG

Hmm, I guess I'll just have to continue with the Canon remote wire for now... [:/]