flyer299

Adding a Still... What to do now?

I've been flying a newer MindWarp with a TRV-19 in a dBox on the side. I am wanting to add a Still to the top (SLR, eLan 7 and Digital Rebel... Not at the same time of course).

I got the flat top peice for the mindwarp. I really feel I wasted my money. It doesn't fit, there is no way I would even try to put it on there, just doesn't even look safe at all. Too many gaps (even if I tried to seal it with Silicon)

My Question is. Did I miss somthing with the Mindwarp? Or should I by the new Optic Illision?

Again my goal is side mount TRV-19 and Top mount SLR. What do you think?

How is your camera flying? Are you able to be where you need to be w/o thinking about it too much? Because if not, if you're still having to work to be where you need to be, you might want to wait to add a still camera to your setup.

Either way, whether you stick w/ the mindwarp or not, you'll want a chin cup on the helmet, the extra weight will make the whole thing flop around much more if you dont have a chin cup.

Dont f#%k up......

Optik Illusion !!!

The side mount area is larger. The top mount area is designed for larger bodied cameras like digital SLR's. After taking a long and good look at Chuck BLue's at WFFC I ordered one right away and just got it!

In my silly opinion order an Illusion. you won't regret it!

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

My skills are pretty good... I am able to be where I want to be with out much effort. With that said, I of course still have tons to learn, and I work closely with other Video guys at my dropzone to keep improving.

I do have the Chin Cup for the mindwarp.

How long is the wait for the Illision?

I just got off the phone with them... I am "in line" for a 4-6 week time frame. She is going to let me know specifically how many people are in front of me today... I have my fingers crossed that I can get it as soon as possible... I am kind of not happy that my Mindwarp didn't work out well :( Ohh well, the Illiusion looks bad ass anyways. Can't wait to get it.

I've had the same issue. I have the Mindwarp with a TRV19 side mounted. I'm currently jumping the Sky Elph (on occasion) mounted on top of the video. It works great. There are 2 places I know of through which they are available. I got mine from Jason Badgley. Do a quick search for Sky Elph and you'll find it. It's a very small camera and works great with that combo. PM me if you wanna know more about it.

Blue Ones

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."