dgilling

Alternate to D-Box

I looking for some alternatives to buying a Dbox for my TRV 22. I know a machinest that could make me a box is this a good idea? What kind of camera cages do you guys fly? I will be attaching it to a Mindwarp is the top or side better? I like to freefly so that will be what most of my filming will be.

I don't really know what these replys actually mean I was just looking for some advise. I don't actually plan on flying the camera right now, but I do jump with a girl who has her D licsense and around 800 jumps that would wear the camera to film me. I just need to get it mounted first.

Are you sure the helmet will fit her?

TRV22 will be a top mount. You'll need to get one of the adapter plates to make the top of a Mindwarp flat enough to use with a camera. The key to a box is light weight. Carbon fiber is about as light as you can go and have complete protection.

No matter what, make it as snag proof as possible. Talk to the video guys at your DZ about exactly what you should be thinking about and what she needs to know before you do this.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

TRV22 will be a top mount.

The TRV-22 can also be a side mount.

Dgilling, just go ahead and buy the d-box. It's worth it to protect the camera.

simply put, it can be done.
for any camera with any helmet.

i bought my L bracket for $30 or so, and a friend of mine made his own for about half the price.
it all depends whether you have the tools and the gift.
i don't but now i have friends who do ;)

it would be a good idea to copy a design or at least look closely at one, so you know where you need to leave some room to access the cam.

good luck
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."