Bushy

Digital Camera adaption

I need some help with a stills camera I would like to use.
I have a Fuji Finepix F602 - it's a reasonably good camera but does not have a remote socket for a tongue or bite switch. I understand that it is possible to adapt a camera to enable this to be fitted.

I was wondering if anyone could help me here if anyone has specific knowledge of doing this to a digital camera and especially if anyone has specific knowledge of the camera mentioned above.

Sometimes the road less travelled is less travelled for a reason . . . !:)

I would first check if the manual focus option is OK for skydiving: my canon A70 has an MF option, but the camera goes to standby after 2 minutes, and the MF focus is reset to AF again... So I can not use it... far too slow or even not working since the blue sky is not helping the AF process....

After contacting canon (even in japan) they could not offer me a solution for that MF problem. The release problem I had solved by then, by opening the camera an put some extra wires in....
Caren

Thanks for the info - I will check the camera 2nite.

So in summary, you're saying if it has a standby function that cannot be overridden and that this resets the MF setting to AF - I need to look to get a different camera or the AF function will not cope with all the bright blue sky and focus on the subject as well?

What if you could manually set the camera to over expose the shot and/or reduce the F-Stop (providing a fast enough shutter speed could be selected)?

Thanks again.;)

So in summary, you're saying if it has a standby function that cannot be overridden and that this resets the MF setting to AF - I need to look to get a different camera or the AF function will not cope with all the bright blue sky and focus on the subject as well?

The camera needs a focus point to focus on in AF. A clear blue sky does not have any reference lines to focus on, and the object (the kydiver) can be too small. Also, focussig needs time, no matter what, so MF will always be quicker than AF

What if you could manually set the camera to over expose the shot and/or reduce the F-Stop (providing a fast enough shutter speed could be selected)?

the possible problem has nothing to do with exposure, but with being able to measure the distance to a subject. SO MF, set to almost infinity, whould be best
regards
Caren

oh, I get it now. Good news - I checked camera and it has a facility to turn-off the standby mode and also it has a physical switch enabling MF to be permanently selected.

I will carefully begin the process of investigating how to add the remote switch now.

Also, can you suggest what F-Stop and Shutter speeds are recommended? or do you leave that part to the automatic settings of the camera? are benefits to be had for different settings for different types of jump?

Many Thanks again - you have been a great help. B|