sabr190

LANC Port Controllers

Okay, I have a TRV-33, and as everyone knows when it is mounted in a D-box you can't use the controls for fade, AE, ect.

I was looking around online today and found a few LANC controllers made by Bogen I believe. They advertise that you can use these controllers for zoom, fade, shutter speed, ect. Just wondering if anyone has seen or used one on these style controllers. The one I saw was mounted to a boom and seemed pretty small, other than the boom and you know a skydiver will find a way to take it off the boom:P

Any response appreciated.

They work very well. If you are using a camera with stills-to-memory card photo capability, you can even use the remote to shoot stills through the video. If you don't have a memory card, though, it will store the still photo on your tape.

Don't forget the cord is not very long, though. If you take the controller off of a tripod handle it's only about 10 inches long...

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Sky Tools (maker of the CamEyeII) also makes a device called the CamRL.

IT alows you to start and stop the record function, and zoom remotely. You can also trigger a still camera with it. It can be used to operat cameras from up to about 500-1000 feet away.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Mind posting a link to that gizmo? I'd like to have one for my PC-5 as I don't have the remote control and I'd like something in place of having to use the touch-screen.
My other ride is the relative wind.

Shit, this may not work for all Sony camcorders. Here is a quote from the spec sheet.

• Compatible
Sony compatible models include: DSR-250, DCR-PC110, DCR-PC120, DCR-PC101, DCR-VX2000, DCR-TRV950, DSR-PD100, DSR-PD150 and DSR-PDX10 camcorders.
The following SONY cameras can also be controlled, but with slightly reduced functions:
DCR-VX100E (Backlight and Manual/Auto focus functions not available, limited Photo/Capture function)
CCD-TR918 (Manual/Auto focus not available)
DCR-TRV530 (Manual/Auto focus not available)
DSR-200A - DVCAM (Backlight and Manual/Auto focus functoins not available, limited Photo/Capture function)

I e-mailed Bogen to see if they could tell me what other Sony models will work with it and what limitations each model may have. I'll post the response if I get one.

I have no idea how to post a link, so go to B & H Photos website and do a search for Manfrotto 522, this should bring up all the models of this gizmo.

"The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few, or the one" - rehmwa