sbhesq

Broken LANC port on PC-101

Find an authorized Sony Dealer and they can point you to the closest drop off pt. Local Electronic Stores mostlikely will end up doing that on such a complicated fix.

If you want in the meantime, I have a Cam Eye I you can use over your red record light. $10 I'll send it today.

Is the LANC port broke or did the tip of the cam-eye plug break off in it? I had my cam-eye plug tip break off in my port when someone pulled out my PC-5 without disconnecting it. This caused my camera to continuously drain the battery even with it turned off.
I only paid 500.usd for the camera and sony repairs have a minimum price of 300.usd(quoted by a friend that had his repaired) So i decided to save some jump money and fix it myself. You will need pliers, very small phillips and flat head screw driver(non-magnetic), piece of notebook paper, and a safety pin, and a small flashlight or head lamp helps a lot. ///// Draw the basic shape of all sides of the camera with the screw placement. You have to remove all external screws, as you remove one place it on the paper in the proper position. this makes reassembly super easy. After the cover is off, look in the area where the back of the plug would be,it is covered by a black tape(almost looks like camera film) use the flat head to lift this up and you should see the back side of the plug. Take the safety pin and use the pliers to bend it almost like a fishing hook. Use this to push the plug out from the back side. reassemble, making sure to replace all the screws in order and do a function check. Hope this helps, if not you someone out there.

I just got mine back last week from Sony service.(same problem) You can go to http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/service/service.html
to find the service center nearest you and generate an online repair request. It took about 3 weeks for mine and since it was still under parts warranty it was a flat rate of $216 + tax=$235.44 total.

I have started using a pull-up cord to wrap around the camera before I slide it into the D-Box to make it easier to pull it out of the top of the box so hopefully I won't destroy this port so soon.