TonyJ

Which to get trv 22 or pc 105

I thought long and hard about both, and I'm going with the PC105. After a lot of internal debate, research on these forums, and talking to my local camera fliers, I decided that a sidemount camera would be best for me. I'm not comfortable with trading the cost savings for the extra width of the TRV19/22/33 series in a sidemount. If I was top mounting, I would go with the TRV.

It really depends on what you'd want to use it for?

Freeflying? RW-inside video? WR camera-slot?

There are different plusses and minuses of a top-mount (trv) vs a side mount(pc).

What do you want to do with it?

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I thought long and hard about both, and I'm going with the PC105. After a lot of internal debate, research on these forums, and talking to my local camera fliers, I decided that a sidemount camera would be best for me. I'm not comfortable with trading the cost savings for the extra width of the TRV19/22/33 series in a sidemount. If I was top mounting, I would go with the TRV.

Ive not carried out a prper comparison, but from what I have seen the new TRV series are no wider than a PC with battery.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

The main problem I had with the TRV is that the lense is on the far left side (looking through the viewfinder) of the camera body. I wouldn't jump it without a box for fear of losing the lense. The box, according to Quade, is about 3.25" wide including the lense shield. The PC105 is about 2" wide, not counting lenses and batteries, which will stick out a bit. I plan on using a bracket with a camera condom and no box.