docjohn

Sony PC105 and CamEye problem

Just upgraded to a PC105 froma PC1. Now I have a CamEye problem: It works OK going from standby to record, and holding the button down for 5 seconds causes the camera to shut down as expected, but then hitting the button again doesn't turn it back on. I'm used to turning off the camera under canopy but now I'm unable to turn it back on.

Does the CamEye II fix this?

Thanks in advance

DocB|
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

I have this same problem with my TRV22, my cameye worked with my TRV8 but not with my new camera. The cameye people said that to fix it, I just have to buy a new one. They sure (not) did take care of me as a customer............

Austin

I know about the issue with updated electronics, but still I think its pretty poor business to just tell a customer that "you just have to buy a whole new unit" rather than taking care of their product not working with newer equipment.

Austin

you're expecting them to replace your cam-eye with a new one for free every time Sony comes out with a different Camera?

To me, that doesn't seem like a reasonable expectation. Instead, I would expect buyers to do research before buying, and find out which pieces of equitment work well togeather, and which ones don't.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Also, the L-port or Lanc is an accessory port which is set to certain standards. Not sony standards. I think it should work fine. I could be wrong here. Have you tried a newer cameye? Is the cable crimped anywhere?

does it still work on your old camera?
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

phree is correct, the cameye II will correct your problem....if memory serves correct, the pc101 was the first camera to experience this problem and the cameye II corrected the issue (personal experience speaking here)....

---------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!