freakydiver

DVD Burning...

Yes, but you will need good authoring software, and correct format DVDs, Sony has the best unit now, DVD+_R/RW (it does them all). Then you need to buy the expensive DVDs for authoring. I use DVDit for authoring, but it has quite a few bugs/quirks.
Good authoring software isn't really even available for consumers, all the offerings I know of are half-ass for usability.
Troy
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.

Yes, a PC DVD burner will burn movie DVDs that would play on desk-top DVD players and regular TVs. When you buy the DVD burner you would probably get one of the intro-level DVD authoring software that will let you produce movie DVDs fast, and easy. for more professional looking DVDs you would have to spend some cash to get a pro-authoring tools, but thats just taking it a step further. Most desktop players support both the R+ and the R- DVD formats, so I wouldnt put too much worries over which format to go with.

Have fun
Be Simple, Be Creative, Bee!
Sharon.

I dont think there's really any difference, just different writing format. My phillips DVD+RW writes the +R format, but can read both + and -. for more info on the +R checkout : http://www.dvdplusrw.org/

Some companies make +R burners, some companies make -R burners. Both companies will argue that their format is more compatible with others, but it seems like its all the same. Some companies make burners that are -R AND +R - which seems to please everyone. the price difference is not great. so if you have any doubt go with one of those, although it really makes little difference (my opinion)
Be Simple, Be Creative, Bee!
Sharon.

In a recent issue of some PC mag..
It all boils down to what you have at home to play your DVD on,, what program, disc type, etc, doesn't make any differance... Most newer DVD players can play both DVD+/-R or RW discs, but not all of the ones a couple years old will.. if burning a DVD for friends,, I give folks 2 pre-burned discs, a DVD+RW and a DVD-R to take home an try out before I burn a disc for anyone,, for video, the DVD+RW disc reportedly makes a better disc...

Natural Born FlyerZ.com