busnig

Quicker Opening's

Crossfire , how to open it a bit Quicker on Deployment

Have tried a couple of things, although as it says in the Manual , it seems longer but is not. and I like the way it opens normally, long and slow and a lot of fun.
But would like a faster one for say, hop and pops
Any suggestions.

Athough all sexual innuendo will be looked at, they will not necessarily be taken as any thing to do with this post

dude, you have a crossfire, you just shit out of luck for a fast opening ;). my buddy vern, when doing low hop'n pops exposes the nose a lot, like, pulls it out and like vans it to the side. and leaves the slider all the way in the back of the pack job. the speeds it up some, but not much.

later

I owned a crossfire for a while and what I did to make it open quicker was first to
-get a smaller slider.
-turn the slider gromets inward when X-ing it.
-pulling the slider almost all the way towards the tail.
-leaving the nose exposed but not enough for a line over..
-dont roll the tail
-a bigger pilot chute

It took me a little while to adjust it to where I could get on heading openings again but I worked it out and it opened quicker but if I let a packer pack it it was back to slow ones. I had to pack it myself to get the right openings(but I cant ever afford a packer anyways)

X-ing it Grommet's inwards. Maybe dumb, In fact have been called that a few times as well crazy, off the planet, and Damn a few times.
But back to the Question English , please, or a little bit simpler, Crossing it (were) and how, turning grommets in I understand, sort of do it now.
Put ahole in the slider, maybe,any body else done it

Ah,Ah??? Putting a whole in a slider? I have never heard of that mate.. I dont know if I would tear up something that may be trade value for another smaller slider.. Then if it dosent work you have to buy another slider anyways.

There might be some kind of old school trick to doing it but my logic wouldnt let me do it....

Mine opens faster now I psychopack it, try that. It gets to first stage inflation more quickly and then does the normal crossfire slow second stage inflation. This maybe entorely due to having no tail roll at all in the pschopack - I've not tried no tail roll in a pro pack to compare the result.
Rich M

Ah,Ah??? Putting a whole in a slider? I have never heard of that mate.. I dont know if I would tear up something that may be trade value for another smaller slider.. Then if it dosent work you have to buy another slider anyways.

Take a look a a PD reserve slider. Properly re-inforced a hole in the slider works great for making a canopy open faster.

Hook