freakydiver

10D question...

This is probably a really dumb question - but having not looked at the 10d in person yet...

Can a bite switch be hooked up to it rather easily? Also, does it have a similar weight say to an F1?

Thanks all in advance!!!

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

for the switch there is only one thing you have to buy an extension cord from canon then cut it and join the plug to the switch, what I did is I put a femele jack then I connect it to my tongue switch

Yeah, it's easy.

Get the RS-80N3 remote release. About $50.

And chop off all that stuff that makes it expensive, and find the two of three wires that make it go boom. I've got my tongue switch permanently wired into my helmet, it goes to a female jack on top of my helmet. The release wire from the camera plugs in to the jack and I'm good to go.

JP

Check this out:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh6/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=12328&is=REG

I have one showing up Thursday, I'll post how it works...

That might be the wrong adapeter for the 10d.

in the list one of the cameras that is combatiable with (A2). I had one and the connection is different to the d30/d60/10d.

Remote sawitch RA NS is $3 cheaper but you might as well buy RS-80ns for $6 more and have a spare switch if need be.

Not recommended to buy Cable Release Adapter T3
it probably won't work. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

the pics attached is how I have the connections for it. Makes life a lot easier when switching between digital or stills. I got the connections from a good electonics store. secure fit and not a single problem in 150+ jumps. Also inexpensive. Bulk up some electrical tape around the connectorto protect the wires from being crimped.

Pic Wired.jpg is how it is in the helmet. The connection plug that is marked with black is for digital. I'll be using different color tape next time.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

wired2.jpg

wired3.jpg

wired4.jpg

wired5.jpg

wired.jpg

Nope... not the right thing at all... Blazetailman was right. The guy at B&H didn't know what he was talking about. Wierd for them actualy, they tend to be some of the most informed salespeople I've dealt with for camera gear.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Bummer.

I wish canon would stick with a decent connection port for their higher end cameras. They keep changing them. As in this case. Sucks we have to spend $100 dollars in remotes/biteswitches and then cut them.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com

Yeah that kind of bums me out - here I am purchasing this sick digital camera and I have to jimmy up a bit switch? Oh well - as long as it works thats all I really care about!

One more question for any 10D owners out there - how is that camera handling free fall? Any glitches??

Not being a camera man for hire (i.e. noobee) I'm not to worried about it, but I'm just curious how it handles alti and the winds etc...

Thanks all!

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

I've got 20 or so jumps on mine. It's locked up once because of condensation. It works just as reliably as my film camera (Nikon N70s)

If you don't take a picture every minute or so, it goes to sleep, and you have to press the shutter button to wake it up and then the bite switch is engaged again.

look at your setting who can set it at 30 min for sleep if you want,.... I personnaly set it at 4 min then a just press the shutter when I put my helmet on and i have time to exit before it goes to sleep !

one rule... RTFB (read the fucking book), put I know there is a lot of setting to play with.