BigM

2 Dumb-Ass Questions... Please

I am just dipping my toe into the camera arena so please pardon my ignorance.

#1- I am about set on getting the TRV22. While at Circuit City today, I saw a Sony brand 38mm wide angle lens for $39. Obviously the higher the quality the higher the price, but I am not going to be making a living with this... just some serviceable video and maybe some tandems in the future. SO... has anyone tried using one of these lens? And if so, is the result decent enough?

#2- I am fairly well set on the Bonehead Flat Top Narrow for a camera helmet. Do you still have to have a D-box with this helmet, or will it bolt straight onto it, and then use some straps or bands to hold the view finder and view screen in place? Thanks in advance everyone.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

#1 Try it. If you're happy with it, then go for it. If not, you're just out 38$ instead of more. Then go to Ebay to get rid of it.

#2 D-Box = Insurance - Here's the quick release I use for my still camera. Video is in a D-Box. If you choose not to mount a D-Box, this wiil probably work for your video camera as well.

Can you use this quick release frame on the front lower mounting plate of the Bonehead Flat Top narrow helmet? I will be putting a Cannon Rebel on there. Thanks for your help.

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I'm a big Stroboframe fan too. I just got new ones for my new helmet, and B&H was out of stock. Calumet Photo has them in stock, if you're buying. They are about the same profile as the bottom of your SLR, so they should fit anywhere your SLR does. They raise the camera about a quarter inch.

The D-box costs less than your first Sony service call. You should get one.