freeflyz

Canon EOS-1D or Canon EOS-1Ds

Are these cameras to much for skydiving, Have the Canon Elan 7e,But getting really tired of the film and waiting to see what they look like!!! These cameras weight about the same as my Elan 7e,So what are the ups and downs!!!! Thanks Guys/Gals!B|

I think the camera weight is going to be considerbly more. The 1D and 1DS have the motor drive for battery storeage and are made on the professional boddies. Double check.

1D 4 mmega pixels 1.3x lens multiplier 8 fps for 21 frames. Orginall designed for newspaper journalists.

1Ds 11 mega no lens multiplier pixels 3fps for 10 shots. Designed as a bad ass camera.

Last is price. 1d $4,000 and 1ds $8000
The 10D is looking nice at $1,500

I would love the 1Ds. I think I could handle the extra weight for the special jumps. The quailty is probably unbeliveable. Just would not be able to lug it around the entire time.

If you have the bucks, go for it. I would love to see how it works. My bet is sometime next year there will be a model that is around $2500 in the quality and speed range of the 1Ds.
www.canopyflightcenter.com
www.skydivesac.com
www.guanofreefly.com