cheneyneel

Cannon Rebel Lenses, where to buy?

I have a cannon Rebel EOS G
Does anyone know of places that sells wide angle(17mm 19mm) lenses cheaply. the local camera store has lenses 19mm for around $260 and he says he cant do much better for me..
Ebay has not been much help either..

I got the camera for nothing and trying not to break my self on lens for only my first still camera... It has a 28mm lens on it should I just jump it if I cant find a wider angle?
How should you fly (mostly all freeflying) with such a narrow angle lens....

Also can anyone give me recomendations on swithces for it(bite, push what ever) I dont know anything really about switches...thanks guys and girls for any help you can give..

On a 35mm film camera, a 28mm lens is going to be your bread and butter for things like RW, tandem and AFF. For freefly you -may- want to go a bit wider, but you'll get fish-eye funk (which may be what you want anyway).

Conceptus makes a damn nice set of switches you can just plug right into the Canon Rebel cameras. I like the bite switch, but they do have a tendancy to get bitten through after several hundred jumps. Some people have also complained that they get head shake when they bite the switch, but I've never noticed that. Conceptus also makes a tongue switch which is very nice and I've just recently switched over to that.

You can get the switches at Square 1.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

That's crazy talk!

Sure if you want it -today- then maybe they're out of stock, but I'm tellin' ya, throwin' cash at these folks almost always works eventually.

Did ya talk to skybytch directly?
quade -

Ahhh, well, the bite switch does work quite well. You might want to cue up for either another bite or possibly the tongue switch though because like I said before, they don't last forever.

I always try to keep at least one spare in the camera bag.
quade -