bluntscull

TRV 30 vs. 50

I am in the market for a new camera. I have been using an older Canon but want better picture quality and a more user friendly interface. I am primarily a freeflyer, but want to fly tandom/AFF next season. I prefer a top mount. It just feels more comfortable to me. I have considered mounting a PC style on the top, thus giving myself the option of a side mount if I change my mind. I am looking hard at the TRV 30 and 50. I am by no means a camera expert but if I am reading the spec sheets correctly the only noticeable difference is the TRV50 has blue tooth but no LANC. Also some small differences with the still capability. Is there something I am missing. If you own any one of these cameras please give me your insight.
Thanks, Brian.
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
save trees, eat squirl

I have a trv 50 and it has a lanc port along with all trv mini dv cams and pc cams. The mega pixel is a little higher and the blue tooth is useless unless you are a computer guru. Maybe you should look into a Skypimp helmet. Dave can custom make a top mount full face helmet that will accept a PC style camera. Then if you want a freefly helmet he will make you a open face side mount for the same camera. He makes every helmet by hand and it takes a while so don't be in a hurry but he refuses to put out any junk if it is not perfect he doesn't ship it www.freefly.home.texas.net his web site hasn't been updated for some time and he makes many different styles of helmets.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

I was searching for a digi vid just a few months ago. I looked closely at both the 30 and the 50. What I found was that the 27 actually had everything i needed. Great quality, 3.5 LCD, and tons of neat features. i opted to go for quality, but at a bit less expense The 30 will give you slightly better quality, but is it really significant enough to pay that much more for? Not Me!
Good luck!
Que sera sera