flyhi

Need Help with Pinnacle Studio Ver. 8

Tried to do my first video, and almost made it through.

I did the capture and the edit all right and then went to the make movie module. It appeared to reload the tape as I edit'ed in preview quality. That went successfully, and then Studio did the rendering thing a couple of times. Finished up with that and then said, "You project is now ready for output. Click the play button on the player window to output your video to tape". When I do that, the play arrow depresses, turns into the two square icon, then, absolutely nothing happens.

I have my PC-101 hooked up with a firewire. I can view and preview in Studio, so that should be good. The computer is a SONY VAIO, Pentium 4, 1.5GHz, 256MB of RAM.

Any body got any hints?
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I had problems with Pinnacle 8 as well (Studio Deluxe Ver 8). The following may not be of much help but take it for what it's worth.

Used Pinnacle DV7 for quite a while with no probs at all, version 8 was another thing altogether. There appear to be a number of bugs with it, connected to output.

You can also try web support http://www.pinnaclesys.com/support/studio The output problems seem affect users of Windows 98se, 2000, & XP alike.

Here is what support had me try, keep in mind I am not a "techie". The Bios changes/tweeks shown on their site were not in the picture for me.

The basic fixes that did seem to help somewhat.

1. After rendering, instead of project going directly back to DV or tape, try saving as AVI file, then output that to DV (this seemed to be the easiest fix & and worked best).
And / or
2. Although your project is done, re-do it, or do a smaller one as a test, but do not use preview quality, dump the video onto computer in full dv. Again you may have to save as an AVI prior to going back to camera.

3. If possible, ensure there are no other programs running prior to starting Ver 8 for output, other then Systray, and Explorer.

4. Ensure your card does not show to be sharing with any other devises (if using a pinnacle card) - this may include unplugging any usb scanners, printers etc. prior to booting up, and may require moving the card it to another PCI slot.

Hope some of this is of use, would be interested in hearing what others have to say, especially if having the same probs.

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

Can't help with the immediate problem,, do know they came out with an update (8_3_18) a bit ago that has helped with some of the other bugs they'd had ie the slo mo stutter etc,, it was a quick upload from there support site also...
Good Luck!

Natural Born FlyerZ.com

I may truly be a moron.

I redid the file converting it to an AVI file. Went to save it to the tape, and nothing happened. Decided to start throwing switches just to see what would happen. I had my camcorder on "CAMERA" initially and then tried switching it to "VCR". (I just figured that it records on "CAMERA" and plays back on "VCR".) The file immediately started downloading. When I think back on it, I may have been able to go direct to tape last night, but I had it on "CAMERA" then, too. It's always something simple, isn't it? (I meant the problem, not the operator.;))

Thanks, and thanks for the info on the fix. Will download tomorrow.

Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.