skydiver41

New Camera Purchase

Greetings all! Great forum you've got here. I'm a camera flyer wannabee doing research on a new camera purchase. I've narrowed it down to the Sony TRV-25 or 27. I'm gonna go top mount on a BoneHead Flat-Top Pro. 2 questions: what extra accessories (batteries, cables, etc.) are a must for the job and is there any place better than dbuys for prices? I'm not an Ebay fan. Thanks in advance.
Scott Cowan is my co-pilot...N203E

I consider these items a MUST.

Cam Eye - Invaluable
Spare battery - Carried in jumpsuit
Spare tape - Carried in jmpsuit
Lense cloth - ditto
4pin to 4 pin firewire - always good for xloading footage.
Ring sight

Ive been checking cameras as well, one thing I dont like about all the Sony TRV Cameras below the 950 is that they are all bottom loading.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

You will most likely not find a place cheaper to buy the camera than dbuys that is worth dealing with. If they advertise a cheaper price they will usually backorder it forever unless you buy their very over priced accessories. As far as the accessories go, check www.bhphoto.com. They have pretty good prices on the cameras as well. I pay a little bit more and buy from them because they are the best to deal with and the accessories are usually cheaper than anywhere else.

As far as the trv25 or 27, I would go with the 27. The difference is the 27 has a bigger lcd screen for viewing your video on the camera. This feature goes a long way when people want to look at the video and there isn't a tv available. It is also very handy when editing. There are a lot of times that I use that screen. When you buy the camera from a deep discounter like dbuys, the difference in price between the two cameras is not that much.

One other thing you should get is a uv filter for your wide angle lense. You can buy one for less than $10 and it will act as a lense protector. When it gets scratched you can replace it cheaper than the wide angle lense.

William