Icarus021

Openings

Absolutley wonderful. Please note this was a bit of a fast opener but even then it shows the opening of the Cobalt. Here is a Cobalt opening really fast, but it was still gentle on my body. Video starts during the first stage of the opening before I could really look up.
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

For me it has depended on the size of canopy.
Under my 150 I have had no problems, just the slight end closure, but nothing spectacular.
However under the 135 ( loaded at 1.65 : 1) I have had spins so severe I had contemplated cutting it away. These have been caused by right side end cell closure with full inflation of th rest of the canopy. Having had this happen three times I was getting a bit worried :-(.
I then jumped without my camera suit on and the canopy was great.
All I can think is that I have been unsymmetrical at pull time, caused by having my left arm still out slightly and "tipping" me off square.
It doesn't help the fact i usually have to unclip my wings before I take control, so the spinning gets really wild before I can get it sorted. ( a fact that has now been remedied)
Moral of the story is be square when you come to the pull.

I have over 400 camera jumps with various sized Cobalts. They are, hands down, the best opening canopies I have ever jumped. They open softly and smoothly, with no spikes and on-heading most of the time. I have only had line twists twice with them and both times it flew straight and stable while I kicked out (even on my 85 loaded at 2.1:1). As a full-time camera jumper, I would not jump anything else.
Blue Skies,
Paul Eriksmoen