jbone

Vapor helmet

Anyone out there receive a Vapor helmet yet? I ordered one through PierLtd when they first started advertising them in Feb/March of 2001 and still nothing.
I have been extremely patient since I was not jumping much last year (and I don't care for the flat top) but need to get back in the groove this season. Trying to get a replacement for my old Headhunter helmet.
I'd appreciate any input you have.
Thanks,
Jay

I almost put an order in for one back in October and decided at the last minute to do some checking into things first. I contacted several gear dealers who were showing them on their websites, and not one had actually seen one of these helmets! I changed my order to a Flat Top (which kicks ass by the way) and had the helmet in three weeks. I do remember someone from Square One posting a few months ago that one had finally hit their shop, and that they weren't that impressed with it. If I were you, I would try to change the order to a Flat Top. Good luck.
Canuck

I have heard all kinds of stories from dealers and from Sky systems, the fact is no one that I know of is out there jumping a VAPOR. Pier, LTD returned one of theirs because it took a salesperson 11 minutes, not seconds, to get the damn thing of his head, you think you have 11 minutes from the time you open?
I have heard similar comments from other dealers, one guy couldn't get the damn thing on, it would not latch....
It all seems to revolve around the latch.
The thing looks good but if you ask me its like some women out there: pretty to look at but ain't worth a shit!
Find another option, besides anyone that advertises for a year with no product, and gives variations of the same spiel to hide the facts isn't a candidate for my business.
Pier tried very hard to give me straight answers but .... they weren't getting them themselves.
Good Luck & Blue skies

Well I really have one!
Got it two weeks ago, all the way home to Finland. It took a long time, and a lot of hurrying and complaining.
I'm still negotiating a few things with the manufacturer so I wont comment much, but is not what they advertised. The closing latch looks and feels as if a child would have built it, the helmet is not totally closed behind as they showed in pictures(like the old PiriRaptor), the top plate is made of metal instead of the advertised carbon.
So, the latch is questionable, but otherwise it's quite OK. Looks good, is as low as they said. Has a nice pretty snug and secure fit. I'm waiting for the extra liners they promised me, so then I can comment on the final fit....
Would I recommend one? Well it is small, not as bulky as a FlatTop and feels good. I'd wait a while and see if they can get the latch working (I wish they would send me a new latch, I could mount it myself).
Look at the attachments to compare yourselves (the plate is off)
I'll be back when I can tell what they sent and told me....
Tomppa
Parachuting Club of Finland