freeflyernc

Camera Suit

Hey everyone - I just spent the weekend at a Cessna Dropzone and did some RW camera work. I thought that my freefly suit would slow me down enough to make some cool videos, but i was wrong. I found myself working my ass off to stay above my target and my videos came out like crap. I am looking into ordering a camera suit to help out a bit- The question I have is what size wing to get? I am about 180lbs and 5'6. I am looking to do RW, Tandem, and AFF videos. Hope y'all can help!
Mike

Camera suits come in many shapes and sizes.
All suits come equipped for their specific use though not only for that particular use.
I have two suits and could probably use two more
I prefer a Freefly suit modified with large (flip/flop) wings for fun video and tandems.
but for four way its all business Booties and the largest wing to get as steep as possible on the team.
Im not affiliated but I prefer suits made by Merlin Suits
Contact christine the owner and also a camera flyer with hundreds of video jumps.

I jump a flite suit by the folks in davis with a small wing and it works great for me but then again I am tall and skinny. One of the other camera flyers where I work uses a free fly suit made of a really heavy material with swoop cords and it works great for him. He also has a "Camera Suit" that I got to jump this weekend and I really liked it. A word of caution: if you decide to go with a suit from Davis (Flite Suite) be mindful that the arms and the booties are chronically too short and have to be sent back to be re-done. Sounds like you needa big ole wing and really draggy fabric. One thing I have noticed is that booties rock for RW and aren't that great for tandems but others disagree. I'd ask around. You can always call Kevin at Eugene skydivers, he's a big ole hero as well.
Drewfus McDoofus