wildblue

Cam Eye II & Dbox

Depends on which camera you're using. My TRV-10 in a Bonehead dBox is perfect, so there's no need to change anything.
I will say this though, the molded plug on the CamEye is FAR better than just about anything you're going to cobble together yourself from parts at Radio Shack. The molded plug should hold up very well against repeated insertions and removals as well as stress on the cable. One you make yourself will have a tendancy to need to be repaired -- often.
As a side note, SkyTools -used- to make their own plugs for the early models of the CamEye and mine lasted about a year before it finally gave out. The new molded plugs should last quite a bit longer.
If I had a problem with it, I'd probably cut a hole in the dBox to make it fit before trying to replace the plug.
Paul
futurecam.com/skydive.html

That's what I was leaning towards.. I'd probably screw it up pretty good if I tried to replace the plug.
Oh, and it's a PC110 I'm using this with, which means I'll also have to remove the cover (covers USB, 1394, lanc, power ports) or put a hole in that too.

Do what I did.... CAREFULLY pull the cover off by taking a pair of needle nose pliers, and pulling as close to where the cover goes into the camera. it will pull right out. file down the barb just a weee bit( to make it easier to remove later), and it will go back on when ya need it to. As for the Dbox, I use an XJaket for my PC5, and I just cut a hole... the molded plug sits nicely and doesnt stick out much. I also found at least with the Xjakets, you dont have to cut off the hand strap. just use a razor blade to carefully detatch the pad(by removing the stitching), unscrew the grip extension, and the strap unthreads from the grip. whats left now curls up neatly into the dead space of your Dbox(hopefully).

IDEA: Wildblue....if you are thinking about doing what Cameramonkey is talking about, you should go to THE Boogie. Cameramonkey is a regular jumper from Richmond. Also, Cameramonkey, Wildblue is one of my friends I was talking about that jumps at SGC.
Just thought that may make things work out better. :)--------------
Drop on in...leave a message