ljwobker

question on 4-way block 7

on block 7, is it legal to have the folks taking grips on opposite sides of the jumpers being gripped?

As a specific example... if I take a (P) and break the centermost grip, I have a a legal top of block 7.

But if I take an (N) and break the centermost grip, do I still have a legal top of block 7?

The example with P is fine and many teams perform Block 7 that way. If you rotated or slid the two pieces you could make them line up as shown in the block diagram. The block diagram shows that the head of the side buddies are facing the same way and the sidebody persons are on the same side.

The example with the N is not allowed. If you tried to rotate or slide the pieces, they would never line up as shown in the block diagram.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

The example with the N is not allowed. If you tried to rotate or slide the pieces, they would never line up as shown in the block diagram.

What if one of the pieces was backflying and the other not? Which then would be the legal set up?

((yes, this is an unlikely hypothetical just for discussion sake - But I wonder if the key point of the setup is the camera 'view' of the block, or that each outside person is holding the same side of their partner))

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

What if one of the pieces was backflying and the other not? Which then would be the legal set up?

((yes, this is an unlikely hypothetical just for discussion sake - But I wonder if the key point of the setup is the camera 'view' of the block, or that each outside person is holding the same side of their partner))

If Black Majik was still together they would do it!

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

If Black Majik was still together they would do it!

sure, but which setup would be the legal one?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants