hackish

Simple video - pick it apart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tOafoghsAc

Nothing really remarkable in the video as the camera flyer was trying a new suit and just wanted to work on a fixed target. So I watched the video of myself to see what I could pick apart and work on.

I think adjustments could be made smoother, but something doesn't seem quite right about my arm / shoulder placement. With the posture is it just the crap suit I've got or something wrong in the upper body?

In the past I've had a lot of trouble driving forward to get into position. Whatever I'm doing now seems to be working. The day previous I spent an hour in the tunnel so I was a little sore on this jump.

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions or criticism.

BTW lucky sucker hole. We happened to look down and there was the spot. It had clouded over on the ride up.

-Michael

I'm 180 without gear. If I recall correctly the fall rate on that jump was about 120-122. I've had a few comments that I should look for another suit. I wanted to learn camera and this suit was free but really I've got no idea.

-Michael

That suit isn't doing you any favors... if you need to keep using it, don't use the swoop chords. The beginning of the teaser video in the NSL article below might be helpful to you. A donation of $20 will get you an electronic copy of the whole instruction video.

http://www.skyleague.com/pages/news/showArticles.php?story=1414

Note particularly placement of your arms (elbows slightly in front of and slighly below your shoulders, hands about six inches apart and in front of your chin).

Happy flying.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

There's better ways to build a suit to slow you down than 'features' like swoop cords and wings, etc. Biggest booties, biggest grippers, loose fit is fine - flapping fit is not. You have to fly your body, not have the suit fly you...

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants