padu

FS4 Rules: Touching Hands

I've been reading the FAI/IPC rules for FS, and I couldn't find a rule a friend of mine said existed.

For example, if you make a satellite were the guys facing off make a high grip, the discussion comes that if one of the sidebodies touch the hand (or arm for that matter)of the opposed guy in addition to his intended grip, that would be considered an infraction.

To better visualize, if you're using the tradition continuity plan, if the tail touches the OC AND the hand of the point (they are sharing the same grip), would that constitute an infraction? If yes, could you point me to the paragraph that says that?

Cheers
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

I've been reading the FAI/IPC rules for FS, and I couldn't find a rule a friend of mine said existed.

For example, if you make a satellite were the guys facing off make a high grip, the discussion comes that if one of the sidebodies touch the hand (or arm for that matter)of the opposed guy in addition to his intended grip, that would be considered an infraction.
To better visualize, if you're using the tradition continuity plan, if the tail touches the OC AND the hand of the point (they are sharing the same grip), would that constitute an infraction? If yes, could you point me to the paragraph that says that?

Cheers

tough one, if you are touching that hand, how can the judge "KNOW" that you are touching the arm. So it would be a bust because it's not clearly shown. the point is, the judge can't determine if the contact is "in addition" as you note vs "instead of"

The explicit rule comes from 'junction of grips' where some grips where three limbs come together can be any grip on any limb provided those three limbs are connected (Danish T has all sorts of ways that it could be gripped - all are legal) - but the rules are very explicit that any sidebody must specifically show hand on leg, other hand on arm (junction of grips alternatives are NOT allowed).

look for that reference, it's in there somewhere

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I can definitely see the dilemma when the tail is gripping the hand of the point, but my question is more directed towards if the point and the tail are gripping the same grip on the OC "adjacently" but contacting each other, if that would be a bust.

I don't know if judges would be that picky though... let me see some videos of the top teams..
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

Ok, found one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewm-Q__Pxsc&feature=related

In most of O's, the hands seem to be overlapping somehow, in the 4 or 5th one, the two hands look like one big blob in the video...

I guess if that was a real problem then airspeed would be training it differently?

I think I might have won a bet.