BellyCrazy

RW Junky?

Ever notice how most of us RW addicts also like to go pretty hard in the bar (& beyond) with the party scene? Is it something about personality types, doin meets, or is it just the ones I know who seem to get f***d up pretty ugly and pretty bad on a regular basis (the stories I could tell ;)) ? Not criticizin, just wonderin.

Nope - I see a wide mix of party intensity with hardcore RWers like everywhere else. I doubt it has anything to do with it at all.

Intensity can manifest itself as total commitment or total addiction or not at all in any outlet.

Someone that regularly overdoes it at the bar, etc should seek help and not try to rationalize it as something cool. They might just be a "junky". period.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Someone that regularly overdoes it at the bar, etc should seek help

You're so right, next thing theyre DUI and in A&E getting a stomach pump. Its probly a sign of a MAJOR psychological problem if it gets to that level.

Exactly, I prefer to overdo it regularly in the privacy of my own tool shed or on the drive to work. Not at a bar. That's just plain unhealthy.:P

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Seriously??? Do you not have any Freeflyers or CReW Dogs at your DZ? They're the crazy ones. Most of us old fart RW folks are in bed by 10pm taking our Geritol and using the ice from the beer trough to sooth our aching joints.

From my experience, crwdogs are the ones who have partied the hardest and had the most fun, because after all, they do some pretty serious shit in the air! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

not try to rationalize it as something cool. They might just be a "junky". period.

is it good idea to get a whole group of you together and do an intervention though, or just accept its part of the intense / committed/ addicted RW type personality? B|

That's true, perhaps 4 or 8 of you total, spend the day together - get video. Then talk about it that night over the bonfire with rum and cokes.

That's true, perhaps 4 or 8 of you total, spend the day together - get video. Then talk about it that night over the bonfire with rum and cokes.

That sounds like every weekend in 2006! j/k, but seriously, kudo's for that one... I laughed hysterically! We "RW cyborgs" know how to have a good time.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."