Igorsky

XL Booties

Hi there.
I have a Tony Suit Pit Special with XL booties.
I'm really satisfied of the suit, but I have sometimes experienced the slipping of the booties out of my foot.
Probably it all depends on the shoes I wear.
Is there a preferred type of shoes (running or skate shoes) to better fit the booties?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Igor

Ideally the ones you were wearing when measured for the suit? Otherwise the legs will be too long or short.

On a side note, I had a problem with a previous tony suit booties slipping off when I was wearing an old pair of trainers - the front of the sole was worn smooth and shiny and didnt grip the bootie at all. New trainers... problem solved! :)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Booties seem to always be built too loose - must be an industry standard. It's hard to size them right as everybody has a different idea of how they should fit.

But if they are coming off completely? They are sized wrong. Have Tony fix it, it's a good suit, but it should fit. Or, have someone with a good machine and military grade nylon thread take a small dart across the instep.

(I think it comes from cranky old timers that want to be able to take them off any time: in the plane, on the ground and under canopy, etc....)

If I had to pick, too tight is better than too loose. I want performance while flying, not just shoe covers. Sized correctly of course the best choice.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

the front of the sole was worn smooth and shiny and didnt grip the bootie at all. New trainers... problem solved! :)

then they were too loose, or the toe pocket is too little. You shouldn't have to rely on friction to correct a fitup problem.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My XL booties have a piece of elastic cord in them that you can tighten up... I assume yours do as well? Tighten up the cord a little bit more.

I love my tony suit...

Yes, there is the elastic cord and I have tightened it.
I just wanted a few comments about this fact and if it could be related with a specific type of shoe with grip (like running shoes) or with a large size of sole(like skate ones).
Thanks to everyone!
Igor

the front of the sole was worn smooth and shiny and didnt grip the bootie at all. New trainers... problem solved! :)

then they were too loose, or the toe pocket is too little. You shouldn't have to rely on friction to correct a fitup problem.

Actually the toe pocket (good phrase!) was pretty small and I think that the elastic around the back of the leg was fading too. This was an old 2001 tony suit, withou mega booties. I have a bev now. :)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.