conor

Big-Way Records

I'm just looking for some clarification on what criteria needs to be met for a big-way record to hold.

As I understand things, the criteria are (or used to be):

1. Everybody must survive the jump.
2. The formation that is planned must be the formation that is built i.e. slot specific and grip specific (does the slot specific rule still apply?)
3. The formation must be stable.
4. The formation must be held for 3 seconds (does this still apply?).

There are probably a few more technical rules I'm missing. Can anyone confirm the above, or add anything?

Thanks!

Conor

Conor,

1) I don't know, if this was ever a criteria.

2) The planned formation must be build. It must be grip specific and look like it was stamped. But person can theoretical switch places

3) +4) There must be one picture with a complete formation. No time required anymore. So theoretical it can be unstable if you just have a good videoguy.

5) All folks that exits, except videographer, must be in the formation. So no "spares" allowed on exit who fills in if someone gets low.

M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

Markus,

1) I don't know, if this was ever a criteria.

I think there is still some thing in place with this. I'm not sure of the time line, I'm thinking 24 or 48 hours. If some one hooks it in under canopy after the formation has been built and dies, the record does not stand.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm just looking for some clarification on what criteria needs to be met for a big-way record to hold.

As I understand things, the criteria are (or used to be):

1. Everybody must survive the jump.
2. The formation that is planned must be the formation that is built i.e. slot specific and grip specific (does the slot specific rule still apply?)
3. The formation must be stable.
4. The formation must be held for 3 seconds (does this still apply?).

There are probably a few more technical rules I'm missing. Can anyone confirm the above, or add anything?

Thanks!

Conor

Hi Conor,

I guess you are enquiring ahead of the Irish record jumps in August. Currently FAI don't accredit National records, however http://www.theworldteam.com/06MediaHistory.htm has some words on what the FAI guidelines are.

There's no time-limit anymore, however the formation must be as stamped in advance, grip perfect and stable with photo evidence.

Blue skies!
Gordon
Beware of advice from those with more posts than jumps ;-)