jumper03

block question

I've got several but I'll start with the easy one ;)

So a random is one point - so worth one point.

A block is a point, an inter and a point. So is a block worth 1 point (the total thing), 2 points since there are two formations, or 3 points since you have to do the inter correctly???

1, 2, or 3???
Scars remind us that the past is real

I like to think of it this way as "move to":

Mentally, the important stuff is the transition and not the formation itself, the actual formation is just the result of executing the important part (either a random transition, block move or good exit). The moves are so important, that they can't be smudged together - thus clean separation, etc is very important as part-of-the-move, as is showing the finished formation itself. Teams don't 'work' on the 2nd formation of block 18, they 'work' on the inter.

move to the top of block (a random move not specifically defined) = 1 point

move to the bottom of the block (specifically defined as the inter) = 1 point

and for non-block stuff A-Q - move to any random formation (a random move not specifically defined) = 1 point

hell, the formations themselves aren't important at all - if they were, why do we try so hard to be in them for the minimum amount of time? They are practically poison, hot potatoes..... we just can't wait to make a transition....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You can get most all the competition info and references through the links on the NSL website to USPA and IPC/FAI.

How certain blocks are scored has been the topic of several discussions on the NSL website as well.

I'm sure you can also get some info by asking to watch an Intermediate or Advanced team get judged at a CaSL meet ;).

I like to think of it this way as "move to":

hell, the formations themselves aren't important at all - if they were, why do we try so hard to be in them for the minimum amount of time? They are practically poison, hot potatoes..... we just can't wait to make a transition....

I think it was Joey Jones who said to us during coaching once - "Our Meeker looks just like your Meeker - it's how we get there that's so different".

oooh, look at the big brain on mr remi:P;)

I'm tired and a bit hazy. Did I do something? :P:P
Sorry, I get a bit uppity and serious sometimes. On the plus side, each practice is getting more fun.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You can get most all the competition info and references through the links on the NSL website to USPA and IPC/FAI.

How certain blocks are scored has been the topic of several discussions on the NSL website as well.

I'm sure you can also get some info by asking to watch an Intermediate or Advanced team get judged at a CaSL meet ;).

;)

but if I hadn't asked the question here - I wouldn't have gotten all this extra good stuff :)
And I wonder if Will is getting tired of me asking questions yet... :D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real